Sexual assault remains an important topic on college campuses. Educating and bringing awareness to the issue of sexual assault is one way to assist in the prevention of sexual abuse and harassment. April is sexual assault awareness month. The National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) during the month of April puts forth a #30DaysofSAAM challenge...
- Subject Area(s):
- Family, Introduction to Sociology/Social Problems, Sex and Gender
- Resource Type(s):
- Assignment, Class Activity
- Class Level(s):
- Any Level
- Class Size(s):
This exercise was designed for an undergraduate sociology course with fewer than 20 students enrolled. Students may be sophomores, juniors or seniors with a major or minor in sociology. This exercise is ideal for students in a family, family violence or social problems course. It may be adaptable to any sociology course that covers violence against...
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Demonstrate the ability to raise awareness on a global social problem using technology.
- Learn about anti-violence organizations and their advocacy efforts to raise awareness, educate and provide resources about sexual assault.
- Reflect on the process of disseminating information via technology
- This goal is assessed through the creation of content for Instagram that is reviewed and edited before approved for posting.
- This goal is assessed through student creation of a resource panel of services offered by various anti-violence organizations.
- This goal is assessed through student writing about the process of creating social media content after post completion.