AbstractThis essay outlines the use of a simple intersectionality chart for students to use when analyzing interactions between characters of different race, class, and gender in the film "Crash". Includes a writing assignment and rubric. Appropriate for introductory sociology courses.
- Subject Area(s):
- Introduction to Sociology/Social Problems
- Resource Type(s):
- Assignment, Class Activity, Video
- Class Level(s):
- College 100
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesI use this as an in-class activity, pausing the film to analayze an interaction.
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Apply the concept of intersectionality to observed interactions.
- Understand how race, class, and gender shape interaction
- To analyze a scene from Crash using concepts of intersectionality. Assessed by writing assignment and rubric.