AbstractThis activity aims to introduce the first-year sociology students to the Sociological Imagination as a method of thinking and as an analytical tool. Students will understand how an ethnic cultural dress exists and how it is intersects with one’s biography and history. The activity was applied In Qatar University and can be used in US as well - the...
- Subject Area(s):
- Introduction to Sociology/Social Problems
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Activity
- Class Level(s):
- College 100
- Class Size(s):
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Goal 1: Help students to make connections between their personal identity, or biography, and their society's history using ethnic cultural dress as an example.
- Goal 2: Introduce students to sociological imagination as a method of thinking and as an analytical tool in their pursuant of present and forthcoming advanced courses.
- Goal 1 can be assessed using essay test questions or through an autobiographical essay assignment. (see assessment section).
- Goal 2 can be assessed using multiple choice or essay test questions. (see assessment section).