AbstractThere are many excellent resources on Trails that provide guidelines for a semester long research project. However, many of these resources are either geared toward senior level capstone courses, in which students are already familiar with the basics of research, are qualitative, or lack details such as how to evaluate various stages of the research...
- Subject Area(s):
- Research Methods
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- College 300
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesThe purpose of this resource is to provide instructors with detailed guidelines for a series of assignments that accumulate in a semester long group survey research project. I have found that students struggle with choosing a topic. To save time, and to ensure that students are able to perform certain statistics, I give the class a dependent variable that...
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Generate research questions and formulate hypotheses
- Identify the steps in developing a research study and design a research study
- Analyze research data using SPSS and draw conclusions from research data
- Students will submit their research question, hypothesis and rationale.
- Students will submit the methods section of a research paper and then carry out the study.
- Students will submit the results of their data analysis and discuss these results.