AbstractThis paper assignment encourages students to learn more about social research methods and their applications to real research. This assignment also provides opportunities for students to think about how they can apply social research methods to study a topic of their own interest. In this assignment, students are asked to listen to a podcast about...
- Subject Area(s):
- Research Methods
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- Any Level
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesDetailed usage notes are in the GMAC_Overview file. This is a paper assignment about research methods and their applications. I initially developed this assignment for a social research methods course, but I have used this in my deviance course and it can easily be adapted for other sociology courses by tweaking the assignment instructions. This...
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Gain understanding of one type of social research methods
- Understand how social research method(s) can be used to analyze social issues
- Apply social research methods to their own interest
- Students will listen to a podcast about real sociological research and describe the method(s) used and discuss the pros and cons of the method(s)
- Students will summarize how research method(s) is used in real sociological research (from the podcast)
- Students will write a short research proposal that uses social research methods to address their own research topic and question(s)