AbstractI assign Evicted in Introductory Sociology. We read the book throughout 3-4 weeks of the course. I do not lecture on Evicted, but instead, I place students in small discussion groups. They discuss the book in their group for 15-25 minutes, and then we discuss the book as a class for an additional 15-25 minutes. To encourage reading compliance, I use...
- Subject Area(s):
- Introduction to Sociology/Social Problems
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- Any Level
- Class Size(s):
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Students will be able to recall information from the readings.
- Students will be able to find information in the readings.
- Students will be better prepared to take part in class discussion.
- Short reading quizzes can be used to assess whether students are reading.