AbstractDecoding Disney is an 8-week course that involves a trip to Walt Disney World and is semi-co-taught with several other disciplines at IU Kokomo. Students must apply for the course because the university subsidizes student travel as part of the Kokomo and You Experience. Sociology students must meet several pre-requisites for the course: completion of...
- Subject Area(s):
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- College 300
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesSee files
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Understand the study of Walt Disney World from diverse perspectives.
- Carryout fieldwork observations and visual research methods of the Disney universe
- Create their own Disney autobiography and reflect on it sociologically
- Students will complete “My Disney Autobiography – A Visual Sociology Project” (see separate TRAILS material).
- Students will complete a “Reflection Paper and Exit Survey” (see syllabus).