AbstractKroeber (2005) found that using technology in the classroom can be a "significant symbol" that increases students’ perceptions of both teaching effectiveness and the value of the course. For this assignment, students gain hands-on experience with digital media technology by creating a podcast. The assignment also requires that students link sociological...
- Subject Area(s):
- Sex and Gender
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- College 300
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesSee attached file
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Goal 1: Have students engage in active learning with digital media by creating a podcast.
- Goal 2: To apply theories on masculinities/gender discussed in class to lived experiences or expressions of masculinities.
- Goal 3: To think critically about masculinities/gender and social change.
- Assessment 1: Completion of outline for podcast, and class discussion of outlines. As each group/individual presents their podcast to the class, the class listens and ranks the top three podcasts.
- Assessment 2: Class peers and the professor evaluate the podcasts based on a rubric that assesses students’ success in explaining class theories and applying them to their podcast topic.
- Assessment 3: Class peers and the professor evaluate the podcasts based on a rubric that assesses students’ ability to discuss social change in relation to their podcast topic.