This is a brief lesson on how to run basic statistical tests using data originally gathered from the Marvel Comics Wikia page. Students are introduced to three important tools in statistics: a descriptive table, a contingency table, and a regression. It is designed to be a simple introduction to how social scientists use statistics to better understand...
- Subject Area(s):
- Other, Quantitative Methodology, Research Methods, Teaching and Learning in Sociology
- Resource Type(s):
- Assignment, Class Activity
- Class Level(s):
- Any Level
- Class Size(s):
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Operate the statistical package JASP.
- Describe variables using frequency measures.
- Compare the relationship between two or more variables using a cross-tabulation.
- Interpret the co-variance of two variables using a linear regression.
- Students will interpret three common statistical tests on a provided worksheet using a provided data set.