AbstractCollectively, our readings, discussions, and written assignments should lead to the development of broad, macro-level perspectives on community mental health policies and service-delivery issues, while individual projects and reports should foster deeper insights into some major issues in the field. Another major goal is to provide further experience in...
- Subject Area(s):
- Mental Health
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- Class Size(s):
Learning Goals and Assessments
In This course you will learn :
1. varying conceptions of mental health and mental illness and the implications of your own beliefs and conceptions;
2. the epidemiology of mental disorders;
3. the role of federal and state government in mental-health policymaking;
4. The structure of services in Ohio and how it compares with other states;
5. service-delivery models for adults with severe mental disabilities, youth with severe emotional disturbances, and other special populations;
6. legal issues, including civil commitment, competencey, the insanity defence, the right to treatment...