AbstractThis is an in-class or homework assignment designed for students to self-evaluate the level of acceptance of LGBTQ people in different areas of their social lives using qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods. The evaluations will form the basis for further class discussion of differing levels of acceptance of LGBTQ people in different areas of...
- Subject Area(s):
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- College 200
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesThe worksheet may be completed as an in-class activity or as homework to be turned in. If used as an in-class activity, I recommend giving students at least 20 minutes – 30 minutes or more may be preferable, particularly for students who tend to write longer, more detailed responses.
As part of the instructions I always emphasize that students...
Learning Goals and Assessments
- 1. Students will evaluate the level of acceptance of LGBTQ people in different areas of their social lives.
- 2. Students will compare and contrast the levels of acceptance of LGBTQ people across different areas of their individual social lives.
- 3. Students will evaluate overall patterns in treatment of LGBTQ people based on student-reported data.
- 1. Students will answer qualitative questions and assign a quantitative score regarding level of acceptance of LGBTQ people in several different areas of social life.
- 2. Students will engage in a class discussion about each of the areas of social life addressed in the worksheet, including discussion of what areas they experienced as the most and least accepting. (Quantitative scores also provide an implicit comparison.
- 3. Students will respond to data summarizing quantitative scores, and may also participate in class discussion about differing experiences.