AbstractThis syllabus uses the book "Race and Racisms" as the primary text with supplemental readings. The assignments for this class include two blog posts, weekly in-class writing, films, and two papers. The focus on blogging and in-class writing are two unique pedagogical features of this class on race and racism.
Download this resource to see full details. Download this resource to see full details.
- Subject Area(s):
- Racial and Ethnic Relations
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- Any Level
- Class Size(s):
Learning Goals and Assessments
- 1. Understand how racism and each of our racial statuses affect our lives and our society.
- 2. Develop an understanding of sociological theories of race and racism.
- 3. Analyze how racial oppression intersects with other forms of oppression.
- 2 blog posts
- 10 in-class writing assignments
- 2 5-page papers based on readings.
When using resources from TRAILS, please include a clear and legible citation.