AbstractThis course is an introduction to the study of human behavior as related to group membership, specifically groups categorized by race, class, gender, sexuality and ethnicity. A major area of study in sociology is social stratification by class, race-ethnicity, sex, and gender. In this class we will examine how race, class, gender, sexuality, and...
- Subject Area(s):
- Race, Class and Gender
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- Any Level
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesThis is a syllabus for an introductory, general education, course.
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Comprehend sociological theories regarding race, class, gender and ethnicity, and understand their application to social issues and problems.
- Develop an awareness of the self in relation to society with a focus on social identities and their impact on the sociological perspective.
- Apply new methods of critical analysis to current social issues and policies.
- Mid-Term Take Home Essay Exam
- Self-Reflection final paper, and reading assessments
- Media Analysis Final Project, Paper, and Presentation