AbstractThis hand-out for undergraduate students guides student activities as they go about the business of preparing for applied and conceptual multiple choice exams.
- Subject Area(s):
- Political Sociology
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Activity
- Class Level(s):
- College 300
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesStudents have reported that this hand-out was very useful and I observed a dramatic improvement in test scores after distributing the hand-out. I now make the hand-out available at the beginning of the semester to shape student study activities outside the classroom.
*Can be used with Political Sociology Syllabus by same author
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Students will learn how to improve their studying activities in preparation for applied and conceptual exams.
- Students will learn how to take command of scholarly readings by structuring their study activities around skimming and applying concepts and theories to real world events.
- Instructors can actively assess student understanding through in-class discussions and activities.
- Student ability to apply theory to real world events can be assessed through the memo assignment detailed in the attached syllabus.
- Student general study habits can be assessed through the assessment tool that is part of this document.