AbstractTying an assignment to course reading encourages reading compliance. However, more assignments lead to more time needed for grading. Group projects are often used to reduce grading volume. Students often resist group projects because they have trouble finding time outside of class to do group work. In this teaching artifact, I describe using in-class...
- Subject Area(s):
- Deviant Behavior/Social Disorganization
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- College 300
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesSee submission for usage notes
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Students will practice discussing a book of sociological importance with peers.
- Students will collaboratively apply course concepts to the text.
- Students will synthesize their discussion and application into a single collaborative book review.
- Each group submits a single book review for grading.