AbstractBut what does this have to do with me?! Many students probably ask themselves this question when encountering demography. Because we are all population actors, demography impacts all of us! This assignment provides an opportunity to apply demographic concepts and principles to their own lives by using county level data to examine their home counties....
- Subject Area(s):
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- College 300
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesThis is meant to be a semester-long project, where students work on various parts of the assignment in conjunction with what is being discussed in the course. Students complete shorter assignments and then combine those with the final assignment to create a final paper. Each student should have a different county, so if there is more than one student...
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Gain familiarity with and understanding of demographic methods
- Learn how to find and interpret data
- Apply demographic concepts
- Calculating demographic processes with data
- Written interpretations of data analyses
- Written and oral reflections on how demographic processes impact home county
When using resources from TRAILS, please include a clear and legible citation.