AbstractIf you are reading this, you are probably considering incorporating the book, American Hookup: The New Culture of Sex on Campus (Wade 2017) into your curriculum. We were in your shoes quite recently and knew the contents of this book would make strong fodder for discussion among our students. This guide is intended to stimulate conversation on topics such...
- Subject Area(s):
- Resource Type(s):
- Assessment, Assignment, Class Activity
- Class Level(s):
- Any Level
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesThe questions in this guide can be used in multiple ways. One suggestion is to ask students to read and respond to one or more questions in writing before or during class. Instructors could also place questions on individual pieces of paper which students draw or project them onto a screen for debate. Since this is not an exhaustive list of topics, it...
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Students will describe and analyze the key characteristics of hookup culture on college campuses.
- Students will practice interpreting and communicating social science research to a general audience.
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of hookup culture through interactive classroom discussions and informal writing activities.
- Students will complete a short-writing assignment on hookup culture in the form of an op-ed.