AbstractIn this assignment students develop and write a persuasive blog post over the course of 6 to 7 weeks through a series of staged assignments. This assignment is ideal for smaller courses (below 20), but has been successfully taught with class sizes between 25-30 students. The assignment is geared toward introductory students and can be easily edited for...
- Subject Area(s):
- Animals and Society
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- College 200
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesWho this is for: This assignment makes no assumption that students have had an introductory English course at the college level, making this assignment ideal for first- and second-year students.
Overview of assignment design: This assignment is comprised of a series of staged assignments and in class discussions/activities over the course of...
Learning Goals and Assessments
- To understand what plagiarism is and how to avoid it
- To identify valid arguments both in support of and opposed to a perspective
- To develop one’s own perspective on a sociological topic and use sociological concepts and evidenced to support it
- To earn 100% on the final test for the Plagiarism Tutorial (assignment link included)
- To successfully complete the Thinking Through Viewpoints Assignment (assignment guidelines included)
- To complete the Persuasive Blog Post Assignment and receive a final grade of 75% (C) or higher (assignment guidelines and rubrics for assessment included)