AbstractThis document provides the detailed reading list of open education and open access materials used in an Introduction to Sociology course. The course is divided into 13 topical modules. Under each module, readers will find the learning goals for the module and under each learning goal, the readings used to support that goal are listed.
- Subject Area(s):
- Introduction to Sociology/Social Problems
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- College 100
- Class Size(s):
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Reduce textbook costs for students while still achieving overall learning goals for Introduction to Sociology.
- Compare final grades of students using open education and open access resources to those using the conventional textbook to assess learning.
- Survey students to determine their access to and experience with the electronic readings.
- Survey students regarding their printing to assess cost savings associated with using open access and open education resources compared to the conventional textbook.