AbstractThis exercise involves giving students an opportunity to introduce themselves to their classmates through short presentations during one class period at the beginning of the semester. Students are instructed to apply the concepts of social conditions and the sociological imagination to their presentations. After each presentation, the audience should...
- Subject Area(s):
- Introduction to Sociology/Social Problems
- Resource Type(s):
- Class Level(s):
- Any Level
- Class Size(s):
Usage NotesSee attached usage notes.
Learning Goals and Assessments
- Students should be able to apply the concept of social conditions to real-life contexts
- Students should be able to identify and discuss the use of a sociological imagination
- A reflective free-write essay on how social conditions have impacted students’ opportunity to attend college; multiple choice questions on examples of social conditions; a short final exam essay on social conditions
- Multiple choice questions on examples of sociological thinking; a short final exam essay on the sociological imagination